I've currently played up to Story 4. It does follow the story of the anime closely or just a bit differently. ALTHOUGH! I can spoil to everyone who watched the OVA, which I assumed everyone did by now. That will be under LJ cut along with a few things or spoilers I've learned so far from playing the game.
- Kamina voices for saving, loading and some of his dramatic speeches XD which makes me really fangirl-ishly happy!
- Speak to everyone to further the game
- Yoko and Leeron tells you that you have to be careful after you get hit once, armor for Gurren or your head for Lagann.
(Note: I'm assuming later on you have to dig or gather items to make ur Gunmen stronger. You basically start off with one bar of armory but once you get hit ur armor is down and ur mecha starts to take the real damage.)
- It's very similiar to a few games i played, Zelda Phantom Hourglass and Elite Beat Agent (but i'm sure there are other games that are similiar game play)
- The character, Chidori makes her appearance in the game (makes more sense now how Kamina knows her name from the OVA. Plus this makes it more apparent that the Gunmen Kamina hijacked is indeed belong to Taligalis)
- Usage of the stylus is to move Simon, Lagann, Gurren, the Gunmen of which u are piloting and you must have your Gunmen on sight with your enemy in order to execute attacks found on the stylus screen. There is indeed a wait time after usuage.
-Both Gurren and Lagann has, which i'm going to quote as special attack since I used it only once and can be foudn only in the game). Lagann has a ....Random Escape and you move back a little O_o; (not sure what it really do) and Gurren munches (seriously speaking) on a blue container square thing (XD;;; my descriptions are horrible!) and his right arm pops a form of a gattling gun.
Well that's about it. I need to play more so i'll update what i learn so far in later entries.