I've finally beated the game for TTGL and even though the story do follow the ending in some ways (seriously speaking), there are a few changes and differences in the game compare to the anime. So I'm not sure if the game can be consider canon.
- For the fact, we know that Nia have an older brother, whom he's also half beast half human (I do need someone to confirm this).
- Instead of the AU illusion, Simon is back in Jiiha Village.
- Completely different BOSS BATTLE.
- We don't get to see Simon and Kinon chasing after Rossiu in his attempt for suicide
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann does not make an appearance but instead is a special move that you obtain in Ep 50. You're still Gurren Lagann
- Boota of him transforming is not shown.
- "俺達を、誰だと思ってやがる！！！" [Who the hell do you think we are] is a sonic boom base attack that makes your opponent dizzy for 30 second.
- You battle Anti-Spirals
- The wedding was taken place inside a church, not outside like the anime.
- The entire quote before forming Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann like from the anime, only consisted of Nia, Yoko, Leeron, Viral and Simon.
- We do not see Kittan Kissing Yoko
- Only Viral did a better job voicing in the quote than the rest. The other 4 barely put much of an effort or feelings into the quote. They sounded like they were literally reading it off from a script.
But before I bring in the pictures I just want to input the swags I've obtained in the game and just one sheer question for those who also bought the game.
I've pretty much need to run this game over a few more times because there are still weapons that still need to be obtain that including leveling up some of the weapons obtained through battling other Gunmen. I have about 80/145 parts obtained and I've obtained 12 Blue light armors, 2 Silver Heavy Armors, and finally 1 Orange Med armor. In related question, are there still more armor?
Excuse some of the blurry pictures. I've tried to take the picture w/o the bubble insert.